What is the Circle of Care Fund?
Asbury Place realizes that its residents’ need for financial assistance will continue to rise. The Circle of Care Fund reflects Asbury’s strong commitment to enhancing and enriching the quality of life for members of our communities and addressing this need. Therefore, the Asbury Board of Directors has placed priority on building the Circle of Care Fund in order to continue to provide services to residents who outlive their resources or do not have assistance from their families. This program places heightened focus on Asbury’s mission and ministry, creating new opportunities to minister to senior adults. Together with caregivers, family members, health care professionals, and community and church volunteers, we are providing a “circle of care” for our residents. Please join our Circle of Care by providing a helping hand with your generous donation.
Your tax-deductible gift can be mailed to:
Asbury Place Circle of Care
911 Epworth Road
Maryville, TN 37804
What Do Estate Planning and Shoes Have in Common?
At first glance, you may think Estate Planning and shoes have nothing in common. But consider the following:
- Shoes and estate planning can both protect you from unexpected obstacles in your path.
- When designing your estate plan, you must consider all of your assets. When you pick shoes, you need to take into account your entire wardrobe.
- Your shoes and estate plan must be updated periodically in order to stay in style.
- A good fit is important with both.
Asbury provides critical support to each community through funds contributed for benevolent care, capital project and new programs.
Various charitable concepts and options to consider include:
- Bequest: The Comfortable Shoe—a common planned gift that provides the donor lifetime control
- Refundable Entrance Fee Refund Donation: The Shoes in the Back of Your Closet—provides an immediate tax deduction while not impacting other assets in the estate
- Charitable Gift Annuity: The Glass Slipper—provides a fixed income to the donor for life at a high interest rate, while also supporting a charity of the donor’s choice
An experienced estate planning attorney can craft a plan that is tailored to an individual’s needs.
For finding a good pair of shoes—you’re on your own!
For more information on charitable giving to Asbury Place and the Circle of Care, please contact us at 865.238.8300 or email CircleofCare@AsburyPlace.org.